Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wow ... Transgender is trending!

Looks like I jumped on the bandwagon at the right time  *facepalm*

I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse ...

Other than the fear of losing Pam and Timmy, one of my biggest worries was drawing attention to myself ...

I mean ... I just wanted to move to the female end of the spectrum without anyone noticing, questioning or judging me.  I feared sticking out like a sore thumb of society, but I wanted to be me.

I needed to be me.

I am me.

I am a lady.  I just want to live my life like any other lady.

I knew remaining stealth was going to be a difficult task as I transitioned while staying at the same job I've held for a very long time ... and obviously I have family and friends that have known me for many years.

but ...

When I am out in public ... at the store ... at a restaurant ... the movies ... all I want is to be female.  I want to be treated as female ... use the ladies' room ... be allowed to be me.

To this point I am beyond pleased.

One recent exception - a nimrod receptionist at a lab where I was having blood drawn told me, "Our male clients use the men's restroom across the hall."

This pretty face does
not belong in a men's
restroom facility.
I did not use the men's room.  I gave her the "I'm about to go bitch on your ass" look and she backed down.  I think the tech in the back said something to her as well.

In a big way things are going better than I ever imagined.  We have hired many new employees who have only known Tiffanie.  Almost every other coworker that has known me a while has adjusted.

I did not choose to transition for any reason other than my own sanity ... my mental and spiritual well being ,,. to save my life.

It was an incredible coincidence that my first appointment with my therapist was literally weeks after Jenna Talackova made news as the "transgender beauty contest contestant."

Since that time Lana Wachowski, Fallon Fox, Laverne Cox ... models, actors, business people, older people, children.  There has been a huge social acceptance of some transgender people.

Some ... but not all.

But now ...

Now we have states passing laws saying people must use the restroom of their biological gender.  How do I get the job of Official Government Groper to ensure this law is enforced?  And what do I do with inter-sexed people?  Do they use a bucket between the doors?

And some states want to deny service to the entire LGBT community.

How would this even be possible?  Hook all customers to a lie detector and interrogate them before they can order a happy meal?  Serving customers in the drive through might become a challenge.

Maybe there will be male and female staff in the facility and you will be required to have sex with one before being served.  Likely won't work ... that would either be fornication or adultery and won't prove any moral values.

I am not a political advocate ... I do not feel it is my place to judge others morals or motifs ... I am not a protester, nor do I march in demonstrations, but this is all getting so ridiculous.

Is the government going to rid society of anything and everything that is outside whatever they consider normal by legislating it into oblivion?

Where will this stop?

Same sex marriages ...
Where and when one can pray ...
Which restroom a transgender person can use ...
What religion you can practice ...
Who you can marry ...
What church to go to ...
Where you will live ...
What you can eat ...
What charities you can donate to ...

Since when are businesses allowed to discriminate because they feel like it?  Since when do states encourage businesses to discriminate?

How deep will this depravity sink?

A restaurant can refuse to serve gay people ...
A school can expel a student for flying an Am
erican flag ...
An employer can terminate a transgender person for no cause ...
A public facility can refuse a club that is religious based ...
A hotel can deny you a room because you have a sleep disorder ...
A hospital can refuse treatment to people with certain diseases ...

So maybe all these are not true ... but how long until every personal decision ... every protected right we have as humans are controlled by those who mean well?  Or those who seek power?

The religious factions are not helping matters any.

Every sect is fighting to prove how much more holy ... how morally superior they are that they do not realize, nor do they care who or what the tromp to thrust their beliefs upon what they feel is a corrupt society.

They fight what they don't agree with.

They fight what they do not understand.

They fight what they fear.

Two sides of an issue each grasping for what they feel they deserve ... for what they feel is right.  It is a giant societal tug of war ... a religious crusade ... a political campaign.

It is sad that as a society ... as the species with supposedly the superior intellect that we waste so much time pointing out, judging and hating those things that are different about others.

 I wonder what would happen if we just showed a little respect for each other ... if we accepted our differences and just let everyone live their lives.