Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My annual anti resolution post

Not Manipulated
Christmas Tree
So here I am again ... it's the end of the year and I have a chance to reflect on everything I wanted to accomplish but didn't.  It's also the time of year I am supposed to look eagerly forward to 2015 and see all the opportunities I will have to achieve ...

whatever ...

I truly do not like to make "New Year's Resolutions."  The concept of stating that in 2015 I will ... I don't know ... and it doesn't matter.  It is simply not realistic to try to foresee, or try to force the direction of a year when events change daily ... hourly.

Love my food photography
All I can expect of myself is to keep moving forward.

All I can ask is that I do the best I can with what I have.

Is that a resolution? ... Maybe.

Am I disappointed in 2014? ... Yes ... ... and no.

I haven't looked back at what I've written, so I base my conclusions on what I remember.  Like I have said many times, what I remember is based a lot on what mood I'm in ... what has been happening at work ... at home ... how I feel.

Somewhere in the year I became entirely comfortable as Tiffanie.  I don't know when it happened, but it did ... and I never want to go back to where I was.

2014 had me lose a lot, if not all my motivation to exercise.  I did not try to train for a marathon ... I did not really try to walk or exercise.

This past year I emerged from a horribly deep depressive mode ... at least I got my head above the water and don't feel like I am drowning any more.

My beautiful Pam is
so very sweet and talented
She made this for me
My work became increasingly stressful with many more people wanting many more reports with the same information in less time.  I love my job, but I am getting more and more frustrated with the corporate hierarchy.

I've been able to focus on better and more efficient work habits, but I spend less time in the office so the evidence is not what I wanted.

The last pic of
me in 2014
I started to like photography and photo manipulation again.  I am not running everywhere with my camera, but I am finding the relaxation it used to bring.

I dealt with a lot of turmoil.

I survived the turmoil and learned I am stronger than I thought.

Sure a lot of things could have been better ... and many things could have been worse.  I will never know ... I don't need to know.

2015 is here, or at least very close.  It is sure to be filled with surprises.