Saturday, June 23, 2012

Girls' day out


I really felt a little blah when I woke up this morning.  A long shower helped some, but I was really looking for a reason to not go to work ... I had no clue I was going to be handed a reason on a grey & fluffy platter.


We have this feral cat that hangs around and she has a kitten or 2 right now. Last night I went out and gave them a little food and played with them a bit. This morning I heard a meowing from under my wife's car. I checked, but did not see anything. I opened the hood and the little guy was hiding up in the engine area.  I coaxed him into leaving my wife's car only to watch him run over and climb under my car ...


The entire process took 35 to 45 minutes before the cars were completely kitten free, but ... The truth of the matter is the running back and forth and a few other issues did aggravate my sinuses and my bronchitis.  But the truth of the matter is I could have gone to work and been functional ... like I said, I just didn't want to.


My wife was taking my niece to the mall ... Bingo!!  


I dressed in my favorite new leopard top.  I had my wife braid my hair, but I chickened out on the dangling girly earrings.  Still, we all headed out for a fun day.  We didn't really do a lot of shopping, but we had fun just hanging around.


I wish I would have had a camera with me.  There were many times people would refer to the group of us as ladies, then they would get a closer look at me and become a little confused.  You could see in their face they did not know if they should correct themselves or not.  Days like today make me wish my beard removal was complete ... the dark stubble (no matter how well I shave) make it so obvious that I am not female.


Of course I also wish I had been on hormones and felt more comfortable living full time as a female, but wish in one hand and do something else in the other.


My favorite moment of the day was when a man dropped his keys in a bookstore.  I tried to get his attention as my wife picked up the keys.  He disappeared around a corned so my wife and I tried to hunt him down.  I was about 10 feet away when my wife caught up with him, and I could hear her clearly say, "My husband found them, and we wanted to make sure you got them back."


The man too the keys and proceeded to wave at me and say, "Thank you miss."


I smiled and waved back at him.


All in all it was a pretty good day.  We finished the afternoon with smoothies and some Dippin' Dots.  I think the best thing for me was my wife and my niece didn't care how I was dressed ... and I felt very comfortable.  I know I got a few strange looks, but I get strange looks because I'm fat ... because I have long hair ... and I'm sure for a few other reasons.


I didn't care ... I was happy.  I have a long way to go before I will feel truly like Tiffanie, but today was a nice step in the right direction